Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to correct the device model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lennonwang

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi, everyone, when simulating, we often find that the device model is wrong, so the simulating result is also suspicious. Now I want to know, if we couldn't get the correct one, What I could do for correcting the wrong one? Thanks in advance.

Hi,
Can you tell us more about what simulation tools and spice models are you using??
Not enough clues to identify...

Regards,

I don't think that lennonwang means the spice model parameters (like W,L , VTH ..etc) because varing it is just done by overwriting the old values.

I think lennonwang means to change the model equations itself . For example , you can get some negative gm or capacitance when using BSIM3v3 models. This can not be changed at all if it is implemented inside a spice program. Either you make your new model from A-Z or change your spice program. Usually models implemented inside spice are IP protected . One exception is the free models source code available at groups like BSIM online. Spice vendors take these "standards" and modify them (using a faster equation solver algorithm , fixing a bug ..etc) and then put in thier spice.You can get the code and modify it as you want but if you are not VERY MUCH CLEVER , don't even think !

I mean IBIS models. Because spice models are based on transistor level. To correct it is not such a easy thing. when we do a board-level system simulation, we must first assure that the IBIS models are correct to show its electrical characteristics. Now I found the waveform is not up to the result I have predicted. Even the waveform is not convergent and I couldn't see the result. So I have to doubt the accuracy of the model. I mean how to modify the I-V curve or V-t curve and so on.

Best regards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back