Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to convert (-3.3 to 3.3VDC) to (0 to 3VDC) ?? i.e. voltage shifter

Status
Not open for further replies.

yzou_ua

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I have a AC voltage to be feedback to ADC of controller. So how can I shift the voltage level to the 0~3.3VDC then?? I tried a two op-amp(LM301) circ. but not working well...
Could anyone help me out? Thx alot!

I have a AC voltage to be feedback to ADC of controller. So how can I shift the voltage level to the 0~3.3VDC then?
Simply divide the ac voltage by 2 and couple it via capacitor to VDD/2 = 1.65V of your ADC ,
(or by 3.3/1.5 and couple it via capacitor to VDD/2 = 1.5V) :

• R3=R4 , if R4 is the input resistance of your ADC, or R3=R4 « input resistance of your ADC
  • R1=R2 « R4
  • C1 ≥ 1/pi*fmin*R4 ; fmin = lower frequency limit of your ac voltage

Last edited:

search for any Energy meter application note, from Ti.com , the front end has an accurate level shifter

If simple is desirable then this is the simplest method which I think anyone can come up with.

Install a resistance inline with the input. Install a resistance to the positive supply.

Best to start with high resistance. Adjust to obtain desired swing at the output.

This method depends on the surrounding circuitry maintaining stable resistance. If not then the voltage can wander outside safe specs. Which would make post #3 a safer method to use.

40_1320617885.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.