Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to conver pulse signal in s domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

suribright

Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
How to conver pulse signal in s domain in matlab

I have gain H(s)=s/(s^2+5*s+8) and the pulse signal needs to apply to that gain. How to convert the pulse signal in s domain and apply to that gain. So we have V(s)=H(s)*pulse (s domain). Any one know how to do this in matlab, please help me? Thanks

Instead, why not convert gain from transfer function (s-domain)to frequency response (w domain), by evaluating the transfer function at s= jw?

Yes, we can transfer to frequency domain in that transfer function (Hs). But what is pulse in jw domain and did you do that in matlab?.

Do an fourier transform on the pulse's equation.
- b

jω domain and fourier transformation can only work with continuous not pulse signals.

A laplace transformation gives the s-domain respresentation of the pulse signals. Simple pulse waveform have simple laplace transformations that can be found in literature. I'm sure that Mathlab can calculate the laplace transformations.

@bulx: yes we can present the pulse signal in fourier transform but how to apply in above situation.
@FvM: Don't quite understand what do you mean for laplace transformation. Is that mean we take the laplace transform of Hs above and that will give the pulse signal or pulse presents in s domain and insert in Hs. I know matlab can do laplace transform. Tks

As with fourier, you have forward and inverse laplace transformation. If you know (or review your text books) about their properties, there should be no doubt how to apply it to the present problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.