Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to control step motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

samnang39

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
some one who have the document about how to control step motor please send to me.

Thanks in advance

i am sorry how can we know that which motor is a step motor

Stepping motors come in two varieties, permanent magnet and variable reluctance (there are also hybrid motors, which are indistinguishable from permanent magnet motors from the controller's point of view). Lacking a label on the motor, you can generally tell the two apart by feel when no power is applied. Permanent magnet motors tend to "cog" as you twist the rotor with your fingers, while variable reluctance motors almost spin freely (although they may cog slightly because of residual magnetization in the rotor). You can also distinguish between the two varieties with an ohmmeter. Variable reluctance motors usually have three (sometimes four) windings, with a common return, while permanent magnet motors usually have two independent windings, with or without center taps. Center-tapped windings are used in unipolar permanent magnet motors.

https://www.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/step/types.html

Regards,
IanP

samnang39

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
zzzairrx said:
i think you'd better to use pwm
STMicroelectronics offers L297/L298 chipset for PWM.
L297 controller contains PWM chopper circuits inside.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back