Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to control PA output power linearly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

easyads

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pa output power

I am design a blutooth PA with output power 4dBm. But the output power must be controled from -30dBm to 4dBm.
1. How can power control be realized? Someome says that using an voltage attenuator to attenuate the input rf signal is an good method. How can an attenuator be realized in cmos or bipolar porocess, could you give the schematic?

2. PA output power control can also realized by changing biasing current or voltage.
But this method can not obtain good linearity. How about this method?
Best Regards

pa output power control

you can obtain linear PA by 1)feedback 2)dynamic power supply.

By moving the biasing current of the amplifier will give a gain control but it won't be linear and will create distortion at low level bias currents.

The best way is to use attenuator by switching resistor values ( series or parallel) by aid of MOS transistors.

So, by this way, a very accurate attenuation values can be obtained.

Look at that datasheet and be inspired from them..
https://www.hittite.com/product_info/product_specs/attenuators/hmc542lp4.pdf

Hi,

Check it for control power!

I put schematic my inside!

David

DDavid, I can not open your website to see your schematic. could you please post your schematic again?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back