Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to connect microcontroller with traic

Status
Not open for further replies.

ragab2010

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi
how to connect microcontllor with traic by transistor(2n2222) because the current of the pin is 25mA and the traic need 50mA to operate to close ac circuit ..

can show me pic to connecting of the transistor with traic

What is the actual application?

Typically a properly selected optoisolator provides better safety and performance without the need of a transistor.

It should be noted any connection to the mains can be hazardous or even deadly to you or anyone in contact with the circuit.

That being said the following document discusses a microcontroller driving a TRIAC with a transistor instead of an optoisolator.

TRIAC & MICROCONTROLLERS: THE EASY CONNECTION

Proceed at your own risk!

BigDog

thanks ...big thanks
my application is lights flashing .for ac light by using Microcontroller. I use (BTA16 600B) triac.
the Problem when the current flow from microcontroller to triac the glow of light of AC is weak. unless when the current large 50mA the glow of light of lamp AC is nice normal
..?????

Hi,

You can control triac using microcontroller like...

Microcontroller ===> MOC3021 ===> BTA16 (triac).

We use this type of configuration in lots of application and it is work fine for long period....

Regards,
Ghanshyam
gvshyam1682@gmail.com - feel free to contact.

Status
Not open for further replies.