Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to connect 4 pin Inductor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sudil99

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to make dc dc converter. So I bought **broken link removed** as recommended in datasheet. But this inductor has 4 pins while I just need 2 pins; one to Vin and one to SW.

how/which pins, do I connect the pins to Vin and SW?

Last edited:

Unfortunately, you're the only one who (hopefully) knows what this inductor is. There's no valid link.

It's essential to know the inductor type. A popular fault is to "abuse" a current compensated choke as a storage inductor, which never works.

Sorry for the link. I corrected it. Now, its working. Its CR43NP-4R7, 4.7uH inductor. This is the one of the recommended inductors in the datasheet of the LTC3429, for this application. I am just confused about the pins, because it has 4 pins, and I need only two pins.

The inductor seems O.K., but the pin assignment isn't given in the datasheet. Most likely two pins are unconnected and only used for mechanical purposes.

You need to ask Sumida or wait until you get the part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back