Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to config simcom 508 evb???PLEASE HELP URGENTLY!

Status
Not open for further replies.

anuragdev

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi friends,i am anurag.i m doing a project on avl nd i just purchased a simcom548z module with simcom 508 evb. i need 2 connect it to gprs nd in real time make it connected 2 google maps.do i need any mcu or it may work with only evb?i ve cheaked both part as given in guide but hw i shd connect it to gprs.pls give all information in detail.

thanks 2 ALL!!

Hi, Anuragdev, do you have SIM508 EVB user guide? I think it can give you some hint for your project.

moyoumin said:
Hi, Anuragdev, do you have SIM508 EVB user guide? I think it can give you some hint for your project.
hi moyoumin,i ve that guide.but it has got a few detail.i need to send gps data to gprs.do i need a µc or it is a stand alone device to do it with AT cmd.i got a little knwge in programming:cry::cry:

Hi anurag,
Were you able to use the Sim508 module? I am working on a similar project. Can you also tell me where did u get the module and what was its price.
Thanks
Anirudh

Hi friends, i am working with a project similar, so the solution is to connect the GPS serial port and the GPRS serial port to a MCU and he will do the Job.
SIMCOM also cell the SIM508

hi anirudh,
i ve got this module from pune through a company NILSON TECHNOLOGY.they gave it in Rs. 12000 approx .I suggest that u go for pulsar electronics,mumbai since nilson's service is bad and time consuming and i feel u can bargain pulsar electronics too.try to visit mumbai or take it by lieu of anyone to whom u know.for further details visit pulsarele.com .and also b in touch as our project is same!

With regards,
Anurag Sharma

Hey anurag,
12000 for this module seems to be very high. I contacted a chinese supplier about this and they are ready to supply at the price of 34$, which comes to around 1700.
Even if u take a gsm module (sim300) and add a GPS module (progen) it will come out to around Rs. 4800 (each of 2400). Then why did u choose this specific module.
In case you need contact of the chinese supplier then reply and i will give you the email id.
Thanks
Anirudh

Yeah. you got a very very high price. Why don't you use SIM548C? It's much more better than SIM508. If you want, I can recommand you a good supplier for the module. The price even less than 34$.

thanks frnds for the reply,
but ive already purchased the module and evb so its just useless to discuss about the prices:D.now i m focusing on the programming part .I have also interfaced it with atmega 128 µc but have no idea wre i shd start first.i ve successfully configured the module and it is connecting to GPRS.If any one have suggestions pls reply soon.

with regards,
anurag

Hi ALL,
I am now facing a different problem.i ve tried following commands to connect to server and verify data by using php scripting at server side:

AT+CGATT=1
<< OK

>> AT+CGDCONT=1,"IP","bsnlnet"
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSCFG="xxx","xxx" - Configure Domain Name Server (primary DNS, secondary DNS)
<< OK

>> AT+CSTT="bsnlnet","internet","internet"
<< OK

>> AT+CIICR
<< OK

>> AT+CIFSR
<< xxx.xxx.xx -local ip
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTATUS
<< OK
<< STATE: IP STATUS

>> AT+CIPHEAD=1
<< OK

>> AT+CDNSORIP=0
<< OK

>> AT+CIPSTART="TCP","ip","xxxx" - Start up TCP connection (mode, IP address, port)
<< OK
<< CONNECT OK
>> AT+CIPSEND
<< >

now i have to make a GET request .wt shd i do??Crying or Very sad
I m using SIMCOM508 module and a BSNL gprs connection.
Pls reply soon!!!

With regards,

ANURAGDEV :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back