Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to combine 4 Fm channels in to one common antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

aneesholv

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hai

In my common Tranmission infrastructure ( FM radio Transmission unit ) there are 4 FM channels( each have 5 KW power) including my FM station .Here I want to know How can These 4 FM channel combine in to a single stream for broadcast through a common antenna system ? Can You explain the working of these combining system and antenna ?

Regards
Aneesh

I am not an expert I such high powers, but I believe the do this with a 4 filter quadraplexer. The filters are physically big, due to the need for high Q resonator elements.

- - - Updated - - -

I am not an expert I such high powers, but I believe the do this with a 4 filter quadraplexer. The filters are physically big, due to the need for high Q resonator elements.

I guess these kind of power transponders are combiner with Waveguide Combiners.Otherwise standard circuits and Microstrip Structures/Coaxial Elements can not support these power levels.
It's just a guess..

- - - Updated - - -

I guess these kind of power transponders are combiner with Waveguide Combiners.Otherwise standard circuits and Microstrip Structures/Coaxial Elements can not support these power levels.
It's just a guess..

Wave guide combiners are HUGE at these frequencies ? 3m X 3M cross section. A better way would to use resonant acceptor/rejector cavities with special lengths of coax between them which if long enough would give a "comb" filter, nulling out multiple channels.
Frank

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back