Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to choose value and design for a polyfuse circuit ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle1109

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I posted earlier an issue about power electronics training board that has DC main rails protection problem. Which is that there are 4 DC voltage lines +/-15V and +/-10V. This one:
Training board DC circuit protection suggestion

The last update on the post was a logic circuit with a comparator op-amp which worked OK, just need the practical testing.

But I thought about polyfuses, is this component better and more efficient than that logic circuit ?

If so, then should this value fit all the voltage values:

0.5A 500MA 60V 2920 PPTC Polyswitch Polyfuse Electrical SMD SMT Chip Self Healing Recovery Resettable Fuse

I think the one with 0.5A/16V should fit all the voltages in the DC block since there are just 10 and 15 volts. And 0.5A is enough as a start, if it causing problems for experiments not having enough current, then 1A should be enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back