Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the resistors values?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hayowazzup

Advanced Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi,
can someone teach me how to derive formulars to calculate the bias resistors and emitter resistor values of this circuit?
crystal_oscillator.gif

I've tried searching for it on google but couldn't find anything...
thanks alot!

the first thing should be to know the transistor you are using and then get its datasheet to understand its properties and then the respective Resistor for both the base and the emitter can be calculated with reference to the input voltage and desired output.
get textbooks from 4shared.com - partage et stockage gratuits de fichiers to help you with the analysis.
i think this will help.

hi,
I can't find the links in the website(4shared.com - partage et stockage gratuits de fichiers) you gave me, could you please give me the address that directs to the page with textbooks? are there any book you would recommend?
I've looked it up in many textbooks but they don't really have the maths in it.

Firstly, do i just use the common collector amp anaylsis to get the Vp-p that I need
and separately work on the feedback path for the desired frequency? I thought the feedback caps also change the Vp-p and frequency of the output, how should i pick their values?

two questions, is oscillating time only affected by the two feedback capacitors?
how do the resistors affect the frequency response, do they only bias the dc and changes the amplitude?
thanks

Last edited:

**broken link removed**
you are not limited to this book alone as there are other books relevant to electrical engineering which you can search for. explore the site.

thank you
I've read many of the ebooks but they don't mention how to calculate the values of the resistors
some of them have the same content with a different book name..

just wondering if I could get some hints on how to calculate them?

as it's a Common collector oscillator, but do i just use the same approach as how to analyse a common collector amplifier? though there's no input signal feeding into it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back