Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate the power rating of a transformer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pgsabel

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi A friend just gave lots of transformers some very big
How do I rewind them
I once saw a site "Roll your own power transformers" with some formulas
where is it? I want to know how to calculate the power rating starting from the core area in square inch or square centimeter
I've already stripped one transformer but what is its maximum power transfer?
mewasures 5.2cm by 5.9cm

thanks

Re: transformers

Hi
write in the search window of google ( www.google.com ) transformer calculator
you will get acalculator when u write the dimensions u have you will get all the data u need. Please put into consideration it is approximate because every iron core has its own charachteristics , as for rewinding you can measure the diameter of primary and secondary windings and ypu can measure there weight ( cut the windinga straightforward and measure there weights ) buy new wire by weight ( acording to the original weight ) and wrap without making any counting for the nomber of turns but dont forget to arrange the turns a turn adjacent to a turn and so on.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back