Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate Maximum length mismatching allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

akael

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,
I have a converter board DVI to RGB, I conected this board to a TFT LCD MODULE using several cables, i didnt paid much attention to the signal length, and it works perfectly.
IMG_20221107_175612.jpg

I've got another TFT LCD (different company) and i've decided to do a simple PCB board, but it doesn't work well, it has a lot of noise and if i set the full screen to be blue, it seems ligth blue, if i set red, it seems pink and so on.

IMG_20221107_173127.jpg

The clock signal is 25MHz, and the max difference of lengths between the clock signal and the RGB signal is 3cm , is this the the problem?

How could i determine the max length mismatch between the clock and the RGB signal allowed knowing the clock frequency?

Thanks in advanced,
Akael

Last edited by a moderator:

Solution
It's not the clock frequency that matters, it's the setup and hold time of the signals relative to the clock edge. CAT5 cable, for example, has a propagation delay of about 5nS/meter. So, 3 cm difference would give a skew of about 15 pS. A 25MHz clock is 40 nS, so it doesn't seem to me like 15pS should make a big difference.
It's not the clock frequency that matters, it's the setup and hold time of the signals relative to the clock edge. CAT5 cable, for example, has a propagation delay of about 5nS/meter. So, 3 cm difference would give a skew of about 15 pS. A 25MHz clock is 40 nS, so it doesn't seem to me like 15pS should make a big difference.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back