Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Manhatten Length and Meander - trace length

engr_joni_ee

Advanced Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,
In Mentor's tool Xpeditation PCB, what are Manhatten Length and Meander ? My guess is one of them is tangent distance and the other should be the shortest routable distance or maybe something else ?

Attachments

• Untitled 239.png
    Untitled 239.png
    245.1 KB · Views: 73
Manhattan length or distance is a very basic term, it can be easily answered in Google etc., simply sum of X and y distance of two points.

Meander is explained in the Layout Operations and Reference Guide:
Displays the percent difference between the current length and Manhattan length.

Presumed you are working with a regular Expedition installation on your PC. Did you notice that the manuals have a global search function?

Yes, I get that the Manhattan length is the sum of X and Y, which means that shortest length of trace on which we can route a trace and Meander is the percentage difference between the current route length and the Manhattan length.

Does this means that Meander would always be zero or greater then zero. If Meander is 50 % then the actual length is 1.5 times the Manhattan length, right ? and if Meander is 100 % then then the actual length is 2.0 times the the Manhattan length, right ?

I want to design a meander-shape fractal antenna for 6 GHz, I want to know, how to take measurements of meander shape fractal antenna. I have an image of the rough design, can we use such type of design for implementing meander shape fractal antenna?

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2023-07-27 at 11.36.04 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-07-27 at 11.36.04 AM.jpeg
    217.7 KB · Views: 56

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back