Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to calculate ft and fmax by S para or other paras?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pursue

Newbie level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I want to get the frequency response and frequency characteristic throutgh equivalent model of the FET or BJT, and describe ft and fmax with them, or get ft and fmax by S parameters or other parameters, does anyone give some constructive advices?
there are many equations in books, but i want to get them with no approximation, and with the equivalent model established myself.

thansk all!
pursue

With s-parameters, you can not find Ft and Fmax.
Ft and Fmax bias dependent and they are calculated or simulated only.
If you know the definitions well, you can extract these from AC simulations.

BigBoss said:
With s-parameters, you can not find Ft and Fmax.
Ft and Fmax bias dependent and they are calculated or simulated only.
If you know the definitions well, you can extract these from AC simulations.
under the fixed bias condition, the Ft and Fmax is only changed with frequency. with the S parameters under the same bias, and the H parameters can be obtained, then Ft is calculated by H21, is that right?
if this is OK, how can we get Fmax through S parameters!

thanks!!

S parameters are only applied for small signal and linear systems. So it cannot tell you Ft or Fmax. Simulation using Spice model may help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back