Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to calculate an air inductor ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

diegolinder

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
air inductor

I need use air inductor 0.033uHy. How to calculate this?

Re: air inductor

There are several air coil online calculators on the Internet. Here is one of them:

**broken link removed**

Using keywords 'air coil inductance calculator' will get several hits using Google for search.

For this small value you are better off copying a commercial model. **broken link removed** lists coils in this range. Just copy their number of turns and dimensions.

small value of inductance are often dominated by pin/lead lenght.

Identify the 2 nodes (or reference planes) where you have to place your inductor.

As rule of thumb, consider 1nH each millimeter of straight conductor.

Detract the inductance of the "distance" of the 2 nodes from the required one.

sergio mariotti said:
small value of inductance are often dominated by pin/lead lenght.

Identify the 2 nodes (or reference planes) where you have to place your inductor.

As rule of thumb, consider 1nH each millimeter of straight conductor.

Detract the inductance of the "distance" of the 2 nodes from the required one.

I want to make air core coil of 7nH, then, do you mean that in my case i will put it just a wire of 7mm length?! If so, what diameter of cupper wire should i use? and will it be straight or bridged? .. what are other specifications should i put into consideration...

Please clarify it to me,
Thanks,
Ahmad,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back