Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to begin to learn ARM 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

maichanduy

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I began to learn about the chip arm.I'd like to find some documentation:
+ Development kit
+ A few examples
+ DIY circuit loaded (Jlink, Ulink)
hope all who help me

Last edited:

Thank everybody!
but currently I'm a student and buying one learning kit is very difficult.I come from Vietnam, delicate little money to buy one kit with the amount of the cost of 1 month's food and my rent, so I want a kit will save yourself a lot more

hi maichanduy,

you buy development board & loader. then get ide compilers from net as evaluation & try it

Thank everybody!
but currently I'm a student and buying one learning kit is very difficult.I come from Vietnam, delicate little money to buy one kit with the amount of the cost of 1 month's food and my rent, so I want a kit will save yourself a lot more

Yes my friend that is true, I completely understand you. It is hoped that better times will come for all of us.

Thank everybody!

I would have thought the TI Stellaris Launchpad at $4.99 with free shipping would have fulfilled your budgetary requirements?

TI also provides a free development platform by which to develop the source code for the board.

You can also download one of the available limited compiler/IDEs from companies like KEIL.

BigDog

Buy a rasberry pi Board .....

While the Raspberry PI maybe a viable choice for an Embedded Linux development platform, it lacks many of the peripheral modules associated with traditional microcontroller.

The Broadcom BCM2835 used in the Raspberry PI design is also an ARM11 variant (ARM1176JZFS). not an ARM7 variant as requested by the OP.

It is also close to ten times the cost of the TI Stellaris Launchpad, when you factor in an SD card, power supply and shipping costs.

BigDog

ARM7 is going to be replaced more and more by Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M4 which is the next development phase of ARM7.
So I suggest to study Cortex-M3/M4 instead.
Good option would be also to use Atmel ATSAM4S - Cortex-M4. You can download for free Atmel Studio 6, which has SW Simulator so you can study the modules, write SW and run it on Simulator. It also has all the SW drivers and exmples built in, all for free. You can get it from Atmel website.
There is ATSAM4S XPLAIN board coming out soon (in October I think), it will have SAM4S16 (1MB flash Cortex M4) on it and you don't need jtag to use it as it has the chip built on board. Would cost around 30$. See below:
http://www.atmel.no/webdoc/sam4s16xplained/sam4s16xplained.introductionsection_lvq_mjg_xf.html

thanks everyone interested in my topic.Actually talking about $ 4.99 to buy the kit is not too difficult.but looking for one person to learn is very useful.I hope people can help me.
A lot of problems here:
- The level
-the language (I'm not good at english, what I write here is translated by google. I hope people understand)

- - - Updated - - -

can someone help me buy EK-LM4F120XL - Stellaris® LM4F120 LaunchPad Evaluation Board be?
I live in Vietnam

low-cost-arm-kit_small[1].jpg

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back