Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to add ridges to a horn antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

ammar652

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi all!
i want to add ridges to a horn antenna.for that i am seeking ur help as im new to hfss.
thanx

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

Hope this helps.

Is that "ridges" or "corrugations" ?
I made corrugations by building up the inside surface shape as a series of cylinders. These were alternately the slot or recess radius and thickness, and the ring radius and thickness. Then I used "unite" to make up one volume out of all the bits, the inside having then the right shape.

Ridge & corrugations are different geometries.
I think both serve common goal
make the horn broad band & provide smooth transition

Ridge is kind of drawing cruve first on graph paper first.
Then use points of that graph & use plot point in HFSS
Join all points to make curve.
This is one of the way.

Be the way you have any documentation or something like that which explains how to make corrugated horn in HFSS? or CST?

Ridge & corrugations are different geometries.
I think both serve common goal
make the horn broad band & provide smooth transition

Be the way you have any documentation or something like that which explains how to make corrugated horn in HFSS? or CST?

For me. ridges are shapes that intrude into the waveguide along the direction of the waveguide. Corrugations are ripples or bumps or slots that are *across* the waveguide.

The way corrugations work is well documented - Google worked for me.
Just minutes ago, I got a solution and display for a 8.25GHz conical corrugated horn in HFSS. This was my first. It is not great, because I have yet to figure out how to best plot and display all the data. This horn has 27 corrugations.

I do not have a PDF of exactly all the steps, but when I have some more time, I will try to post short instructions here. I made this one by stacking cylinders, Uniting them, and then selecting all the faces except the entry and exit holes, and making them a perfect E-field boundary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back