Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how to adapt programmator ds1821 ?

bellad

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hello,
how to adapt programmator ds1821 , the schematic it's for serial PC
how to modif for a usb > ttl uart (ft232) because the serail pc it's +/-12v
thank you

DS1821-004.gif

You will find it very difficult to interface RS232 to 1-Wire like that. It is more than just the voltages that are different, you need to accurately control the timing of read and write cycles which a normal serial port cannot do.

Brian.

Not quite right. Interfacing 1-wire devices with UART signals is well possible, also suggested by Maxim-Dallas, see appended AN. The schematic is quite similar to post #1.

Interfacing 1-wire with negative UART logic is even simpler because it doesn't need inversion, only a low voltage (e.g. schottky) diode to implement open drain output. As far I'm aware of, it's not necessary to switch supply voltage, connecting 5V should be sufficient.
--- Updated ---

If you want to use the existing hardware, use CMOS inverters to invert RxD, TxD and RTS. Short 1k and supply 5V to DTR.

Attachments

• app177 Programming 1-Wire EPROM and EEPROM Memory Devices Using a PC.pdf
    187.2 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
ok , thank you , i've usb DS9097 for link with 1wire , but onewireviewer software is not for ds1821
i see DS1701K software is for ds1821
but it's obsolete ,
can anyone tell me where to download it?
or other sofware for the DS1821
thank's

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu: