Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how the pt use RC to calculate the net delay?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bendrift

Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
which parameter in the lib will affect the net delay calculation after layout?
and how the pt use RC to calculate the net delay?
thank u :)

You can annotate Extracted RC to STA tool to calculate the delay.. time delay could be .69RC if u consider single order R-C network

i want to know more detail process how pt use RC to calculate the net delay.
thank u very much.

RC-network is modelled in 3 types..

BEST CASE TREE -- SOURCE IS CLOSE TO SINK.. SO R=0;

WORST CASE TREE - A LUMPED R-C NETWORK
WHERE THE DELAY CAN BE .69RC

TYPICAL CASE: HERE THE R IS DIVIDED DEPENDING ON THE FANOUT.. U NEED TO LOOK INTO TEXTBOOKS TO FIND THE DELAY OF THIS MODEL. SINCE RESISTANCE IS PARALLEL DELAY IS LESSER COMPARED TO WORST CASE TREE

this is calculate by the WLM.
when we back annotate the SPEF/DSPF/RSPF,how do pt calculate the net delay?

i have the same puzzle!
but which tool you use?is it star_rc?
Dose the star_rc only extract the net-delay information except the gate timing information???
i think it can extract a complete spice netlist ,but the spice netlist can be used in the STA tool?
if it is.how the STA work?

Maybe the answer is in this book:

it may be useful for me .

Net delay is determined by the RC of that net. Ther are three model to use :
1. best case : no delay, 2. typical: balanced tree, 3. worst: lumped.PT use the back-annotated parasitic file to calculate net delay according to the model you choose.

i think the three model is used for wlm because the topology is unknow. after layout ,the topology of the RC is knowned,so do pt still use three model?

Have you figured out how pt use RC to calculate the net delay now (not wlm)? If you do, do you mind sharing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back