Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How to use Row Redundancy in eFlash?

cike128

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Can any one tell me about row redundancy in eFlash?
We now need to use a eFlash from Fab. Its datasheet describes the function of Row Redundancy, but does not specify whether the replacement of bad blocks is implemented internally by eFlash or by an external eFlash controller. Below is a screenshot of the description document, which provides storage space for redundancy information.
1704174936036.png

1704174913294.png

Therefore
1. I speculate that during eFlash testing, the addresses of two sectors with a higher number of bad blocks will be recorded, and then our external eFlash controller will determine whether the accessed sector is a bad block. If it is, it will be automatically mapped to the redundant array. Is my understanding correct?
2.Or is it that he just stored redundancy information here,eFash controller will do mapping automatically.

Notes:
The eFlash datasheet provides methods to access the Redundancy array, including read, write, and erase operations.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back