Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how i can transfer the data to FTP server using gprs

Status
Not open for further replies.

avinash_0102

Newbie level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
hi guys ,
I have a ne task i.e. how we can transfer the data frm pc to FTP server using gprs. so guys if u know anything about this topic , so please reply me as soon as possible.

Thanx in advance.

Do you intend to use GPRS at the server or the client side? The mobile internet provider possibly won't allow inbound connections.

Reactions: bassa

bassa

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
is file transfer between gsm module and ftp server is same as that of http. ie, does the command GET works for ftp?

It's different from HTTP, using separate control and data connections. Refer to RFC 0959 for details.

Some GSM/GPRS modules have embedded TCP/IP stacks, some also support simplified FTP data transfer.

Reactions: ponnus and bassa

bassa

V

ponnus

am using sim 300 at commands. does it support ftp data transfer?

I'm not using SIM300, but as far as I know, it has no option to operate two parallel connections through the embedded TCP/IP stack. I'm referring to the 2005 TCP/IP Application Note, Version 01.01. This means, that FTP is only possible with a full featured TCP/IP and PPP stack implemented on your micro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back