Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How hard is Proteus to learn?

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

treez

How hard is Proteus compared to Eagle Pro.
Is it Proteus that became Altium?

If you want to master Proteus in full, it will take more effort I think.

Proteus includes a simulation engine which is not part of Eagle as far a I know.
I tried Eagle Pro and there were some things I didn't like in comparison to Altium.

One of my friends really like doing layouts with Proteus and hates Altium. Altium can do a lot more but takes time to learn.

Protel became Altium many moons ago. Tango became Protel before that.
**broken link removed**

Reactions: treez

T

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
Proteus is very easy to learn. There are youtube videos. I can post some links if you want. I use eagle and Proteus for PCB layout designing. Proteus also gives 3D view of the PCB.

See attached image. Proteus gives 3D view. I just started designing this PCB layout. Still have to do the component placement and draw the tracks.

Attachments

• PCB 3D View.png
    PCB 3D View.png
    55.5 KB · Views: 132

T

I know that Proteus has a PCB layout module, but I didn't yet hear it mentioned as state-of-the-art layout tool, e.g. competing with Altium, Zuken, Cadence, Mentor or Pulsonix.

T

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back