Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How does this Bicmos inverter work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hiyan

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
i have a circuit it is Bicmos inverter in which Qp connected with R and R with QN and R2.Q1and Q2 BJTs connected serially and R2 .Qp is pfet and Qn is nfet .i cant understand it's function can any one explain me it's operation and where we use this circuit?
Thanks

B cmos inverter

If you have a circuit please post it because your description is gibberish to me!

Keith

Re: B cmos inverter

i try to atatched the ckt but i got msg bit image file cant posted?what i do?

Added after 21 minutes:

i dont understand its operation

i have attached the ckt .kindly explain it's operation and use.Thanks in adv

I suspect the circuit is incorrect. At best it could be an open collector inverter but at the moment it shows a very inefficient buffer.

Brian.

i need it's complete explanation.can nayone explain it's operation?

any one have sedra book?related to vlsi and logic theory

B cmos inverter

Have a read of this:

bwrc.eecs.berkeley.edu/icbook/AdditionalMaterial/bicmos.pdf

Keith.

Thanks sir. i already Read this paper .but look at my ckt which i posted.and kindly try to explain it.Thanks

B cmos inverter

Your circuit doesn't make sense. The base of one of the bipolar transistors is floating.

Post the original source of the circuit.

Keith.

Actually my sir given this ckt .i draw correctly .i need it's operation .

B cmos inverter

Well go back to "your sir" and ask him how it works! I think that the base of both transistors should be connected somewhere.

Keith.

i asked him he was angry .he said ckt is ok.you try to find it's operation.and uses of it's ckt.:cry:whay i do?

can any one have author sedra book related to logic ckt.kindly post it.

If that's the standard of teachers in Hiyan's school, I'm seriously not impressed.
Brian.

B cmos inverter

This is a ckt giving output 0v irrespective of input at v1.
whn v1 is high pmos on and nmos off. so o/p will be low.
since it is connected to gnd through r1.
whn v1 is low pmos on n nmos off still o/p is low since connected to gnd..

hope u r happy ....

Thank you sir thanks alot.it really help me.:)
one more question where we use these type of ckt imean it's practicall application.

Are you Sure it really helped you?

bejoy is saying correct you always get 0 at output whatever your logic will be.

Without connecting the base of the transistor Q1,this circuit is meaningless.Because what ever logic you give at input (Vi 0 or 1) the output will always be 0v.
Try to get the correct circuit,then someone here will able to guide you about the circuit.

I am thank ful to all friends who really helped me guide me.but :| my sectional marks depend on this ckt.my teacher said write it's operation it's working.what i do?
Raelly iam so confuse

B cmos inverter

Are you really sure you have drawn it correctly? Look again at what you were given and what you posted.

Keith.

iam sure.i was confused when i saw the ckt b/c similar thing also come in my mind the base of Q1 was not connected.i talked to him he said no matter base is connected or not.still ckt work propely.:cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.