Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do you get homework help when you reach master's level of very higher level of education?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shivajikobardan

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
By homework help, I mean doubts that are beyond basics. For eg-: I am Computer Engineering student(our course is 75% electronics engineering),and I am big data studying. I find myself in places where I am hell lot confused. The resources don't suffice at all.

I get confused. But the issue is I get help from nowhere. Reddit NO. Stackexchange NO, other forums NO. How would I? As these subjects are studied by very few people as it is higher level of education question, how do I deal with this? Any guidance?

Sadly I don't have any close friends whom I can ask.

Hi,
But the issue is I get help from nowhere. Reddit NO. Stackexchange NO, other forums NO. How would I?
Maybe you ask the wrong questions, maybe you give incomplete informations.

When I look at your post. I just see vague informations. Nothing one can give a good answer to.

Vague questions --> vague answers. Risk of misunderstanding. Risk of errors. Time consuming.
Detailed questions --> Detailed answers. No need to check back.

I just went through all your threads here. I can see only one where you reacted on a member´s reply. All others you left alone. No communication.
--> Try to communicate with people. They spent time to reply to your post. Show them that what you did so far. Tell what you do understand and what not. Take them for serious, be thankful, show respect. Motivate them to help you.

--> Try to give us one detailled example of what information you are looking for, but did not get a suitable answer so far.

Klaus

A lesson to be taught by anyone who got graduated in the pre-internet era is to look for adequate bibliography. Mutual help websites like the ones you mentioned above are formidable for quick and general answers but really their content becomes funneled as the level of expertise increases.

At least now you can get these books and handouts on the internet, paying for the ones that aren't in the public domain, obviously, just like I did when I bought them in printed version.

I could say that for some disciplines I had to infer by myself some math based on the theory, and this was a great opportunity to learn rather than to only to do that tasks and homeworks.

Hi,

Maybe you ask the wrong questions, maybe you give incomplete informations.

When I look at your post. I just see vague informations. Nothing one can give a good answer to.

Vague questions --> vague answers. Risk of misunderstanding. Risk of errors. Time consuming.
Detailed questions --> Detailed answers. No need to check back.

I just went through all your threads here. I can see only one where you reacted on a member´s reply. All others you left alone. No communication.
--> Try to communicate with people. They spent time to reply to your post. Show them that what you did so far. Tell what you do understand and what not. Take them for serious, be thankful, show respect. Motivate them to help you.

--> Try to give us one detailled example of what information you are looking for, but did not get a suitable answer so far.

Klaus
but can I ask big data questions in electronics forum? I don't think so? It is cse subject. So I post it in cs forums.

anyway, IWTL what I am doing wrong.

Hi,

Big questions:
A forum can´t replace school. One needs make oneself familiar with the topic.
Then not ask global questions, but more detailed. Maybe one or two questions in one post, but not 5 or more.

As already said: It´s always a good idea to post a link to a document/internet site you refer to.

Example: (Not referred to your questions. But from time to time we see similar questions in the forum)
Don´t ask "I don´t know how to multiply. Please send me code".

Better:
* I´m using microcontroller XXX (so we can see the capabilities of the uC. Maybe it has onchip multiplier)
* I´m using IDE YYY with language LLL and compiler CCC
* I´m using library ZZZ
* I want to multiply variable A which is UINT16 with varaible B which is UINT16
* I want a UINT32 result
* I´ve read this document: link to DDD
* I´ve tried this code: (insert code)
* I´ve tested with A=0x1234 and B=0x2345
* I expect result: 0x..... but the result was 0x02345678

*** with such a description we can check a lot and exclude many possible problems.

Klaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back