Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How do I calculate an input impedance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isend

Newbie level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
what input impedance do i need

This may look like a basic homework problem, but I am just learning... I have a lossless transmission line (characteristic impedance = 70 Ohm, 1.5 cm long) connected to a load of 50 Ohm. How do I calculate the input impedance of this combination? I think Zin should be dependent on the RF frequency due to the impedance mismatch; something looks like:
90_1252638469.png

but I need a formula for it. Where may I find some instructional material online which I can follow to calculate the input impedance for my setup? Thank you very much.

input impedance calculation

Hi

try Google.......transmission line input impedance

you will find plenty...like Wikipedia

regards

calculating input impedance

how is it? can you get the answer?

equation to calculate the input impedance

Hi

You have already been given the formula to compute this impedance by dhavalelectron...

regards,

find the input impedance calculate

Thank you dhavalelectron! I also found the formula in Wikipedia following tyassin's instruction. Thank you everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back