Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can use vccs in cadence to realize an ideal input trasco

Status
Not open for further replies.

macg84

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
vccs in cadence

Hello at all,

sorry the troubele but I have a problem, i want replace the input trasconductor stage in mixer gilbert cell with two ideal elemnts vccs. I want that this vccs has a gm of 16mS. I attached two schematic, the first is the circuit with input trasconductor with NMOS, the second circuit is with vccs. In the second stage there is some problem but i don't know witch. To define a gm in vccs of 16mS, i set the parameter trasconductance equal to 16m but i don't know if is the same thing.
Thaere is other important parameter that i have to set??

Thank you very much

cadence vccs

macg84 said:
... i want replace the input trasconductor stage in mixer gilbert cell with two ideal elemnts vccs. I want that this vccs has a gm of 16mS. ... the second circuit is with vccs. In the second stage there is some problem but i don't know witch. To define a gm in vccs of 16mS, i set the parameter trasconductance equal to 16m but i don't know if is the same thing.
I think you cannot put 2 current sources in series (because they would fight against each other :-( ). You have to put them in parallel.

macg84

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
vccs in cadence

Yes it'is true... thank youuuuuu

vccs cadence

Sorry but i don't understand some parameter in the vccs...i want use this generator to replace the input mosfet, this mosfet have a trasconductance of 16ms, but how do i have to choose the minimum and the maximum current in this device? What is the function of the parameter multiplier??

Thank you very much

how i put current source in cadence

What is the function of the parameter multiplier??

Multiplier gives an controllability over gm (transconductane). With gm=16mS, for an input voltage of 1V, I = 16mA with multiplier=1 and I = 32mA with multiplier=2. You can use multiplier=1 as default.

what is vccs

Yes, thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back