Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I start a simple 8051 project?

Status
Not open for further replies.
8051 projects, pdf

Can I recommend you some book :
1.Programming and interfacing the 8051 Microcontrolers, by : Sencer Yeralan and Ashutosh Ahluwalia, Addison Wesley.
2.The 8051 Microcontrollers and Embedded System, by : M.Mazide, and Janice Mazidi, Prentice Hall.
3.Programming and Customizing the 8051 Microcontroller, by : Myke Predko, Mc Grawhill.
I Personally work with them, and I found them to be very useful for me. You can try www.myke.com there are many code snippets for 8051.

I think first you can start learning its architecture, innstruction set, after that run some experiment like blinking a LED using software delay loop, than using Timer Interrupts, Testing Interrupts, Serial Comm, and then make a simple projects.

8051project design

Whats's the difference between 89c51 and 89s51?

how to start with 8051 project

89c51 needs special programmer.
89s51 needs only serial port to communicate with pc to programme it.

simple 8051 program

But the arcitecture is the same?

can v program 8051with parralel port

pkedvessy said:
But the arcitecture is the same?

It's the same architecture, don't worry.

If you want to compare:

For AT89C51 data sheet : http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc0265.pdf

For AT89S51 data sheet: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc2487.pdf

The main difference is that AT89S51 could be programmed in the circuit throgh SPI lines, but for AT89C51 you need a parallel programmer (thus you need to remove it from the circuit and put it back after programming).

The AT89C51 it's not recommended for new design. It will be obsolete soon by manufacturer. In order that migration from AT89C51/C52 to AT89S51/S52 to be painfull the manufacturer thought it would be nice to advice the user how to do it: http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc3487.pdf

c8051 project

AT89S51 have register addition is Watch Dog Timer (WDT) for automatic reset if ypur program abnormal run and Double DPTR (DPTR1 and DPTR2)

AT89S51 can programmed with serial SPI and paralel programming.
advanced paralel programming AT89S51 is can desable or enable serial SPI programming.

projects on ic 8051

I think it's better to start with AT89S5x, because AT89C51 is not recomended for new design by Atmel. AT89S5x series can be programmed via it's SPI port and hence the programmer circuit is very simple and cheap to build. You can seach for the programmer circuit in the post in this forum.

Can anyone help a student in need?

I have a simple project for school. I need to connect a 8051 microcontroller to a 7 segment lcd and to make a counter. Basically once every 2 seconds the display should increment with i(where i is a value that can be set from the assembly code). When it reaches 10 it should overflow and start over.

I need to simulate this in proteus(Isis 7 professional) so there is no need to make the real thing.

I need the assembly code and the diagram so i can build this in proteus.

Please help me. I will be forever grateful.

thanks but ...

the easy share download link doesn't work. can you please give me a rapidshare or mediafire link or direct download?

Added after 21 minutes:

it worked it worked

thank you so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back