Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I start a simple 8051 project?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robo

Junior Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
8051 project

I've just purchased a 8051 starter kit, which includes a AT89C51-24 microcontroller, crystal, resisters, LEDs, etc. (Picture attached)

My goal is to learn 8051 and its applications. How can I get started?

simple 8051 projects

Hi,

You can start reading these:

Bye !

Robo

Helpful Answer Positive Rating
8051project

Hi,

Maybe it would help if you could inform everyone of your background. Then you could be better advised.

rgds,
chicken_feet

simple 8051

one idea is to make your micro receive "commands" from a PC and turn on diodes later relays ..etc ...

simple 8051 program

Hello friend,
This is the place where you can find alot of info to start with:
www.8052.com

simple 8051 microcontroller projects

This might be a basic question. Let say I will program my 8051 with C language. How can I transfer the program into the microprocessor?

I used to use Parallax's Board of Education as my microprocessor, and BasicStamp as the programming language. What I needed to do was to program with BasicStamp and transfer my code to microprocessor through a serial cable. (Since BasicStamp is compatible with BOE) Now, for C language and 8051 with the tools I got in the picture, how may I do that? Thank you for helping.

8051 simple projects

Once you have an application written in C you will have to compile it and this will create a HEX code.
The AT89C51 doesn't have the capability to be programmed through serial port so you will need a external device and this device will program the flesh memory inside the AT89C51 with the HEX code of your application ..

However, if you select a microcontroller with so called "In-System Programmable through Serial Port" feature you will be able to program it using just serial port ..

Added after 10 minutes:

You can order free samples of DS89C420 from Maxim_IC:
**broken link removed**
THis stuff can be progammed using the PC's serial port ..

Robo

8051 projects pdf

I believe mine is just a regular 8051 microcontroller that's not capable of programming through serial cable. So what specific type of external device do I need to program the 8051 flash memory with the HEX code? Thanks.

simple program by using microprocessor 8051

Here is an example of a programmer:

**broken link removed**

Btw, I would request free samples from Maxim_IC for your further projects ..

8051projects, pdf

Wow, thanks IanP. I've just ordered 8 samples at Maxim for free!
Is Maxim the only company that offers samples?

simple 8051 project

Competition is a great thing ..
There are others who offer free samples: Analog Devices, Microchip, ....
Main thing is not to abuse this system ..
However, as far as I know some of the above companies have a list of countries where they will NOT send enything ..

8051 simple project

If I use the type of 8051 that enables "In-System Programmable through Serial Port", then I guess I'll need to get a serial port, and one end will be connected to the serial cable, which connects to the PC to transfer the HEX code. What does the other end of the serial port connected to?

dptr1 dptr2 8051

From the picture you provided, it seems you still need a 5 volts regulator, or a 7805. You need this to produce stable 5 volts where your AC adaptor output would be probably still higher than that.

If your 8051 chip is an AT89C51, i advise you to switch to AT89S51 or AT89S52, because it is much easier to program. They can be programmed without a dedicated programmer. You can check a good software: AEC_ISP. It uses parallel cable connection to PC, and the microcontroller should be placed in a minimum system ( just add a crystall oscillator with 2 capacitors, give Vcc, and put appropriate reset circuits using a simple C and R).

simple 8051 circuits project

Dear Friend,
U Can Purchase Scott Mechanzie Book On 8051.

8051 starter kit

Thank you SARCO~

Hey irfansyah, I was trying to get a copy of the AEC_ISP.exe software. They sent me an email containing AEC_ISP.exe, but I've trouble downloading it from my email... Do you happen to have a copy of the software? Could you post it on the forum? Thanks.

simple 8051 projects

Attached is the aec .. zip

Robo

free aec_isp.exe

I've a question with my 8051...

When I checked on the DS89C420 datasheet, I found out that the microcontroller only has 4 bi-directional I/O pins. That's not quite enough for my robot, since I need at least 5 (2 for left motors, 2 for right motors, 1 for distance sensor)... How come 8051 only has 5?? My Parallax's Board of Education has 15 I/O ports...

simple projects in 8051

Hi Robo,

DS89C420 have 32 bidirectional I/O pins.
The 4 is the number of bidirectional I/O ports, each of them has 8 I/O pins.
Read more in the page 12, 13 regarding pin description.

8051project links

HI

CHECK THIS LINKS TO DOWN LOAD THE BOOKS YOU NEED

AND YOU CAN SEARCH THE FORUM FOR MORE LINKS

GOOD LUCK

program to produce 5 minutes delay in 8051

thanks

Warning #1 - Don't post thank you messages and other uesless posts. Use PM instead.
Read fourm rules before posting!

- ME

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back