Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I simulate a program which is written in SystemC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dariush

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi
How can I simulate a program which is written in systemc?
How can I create waveforms for my simulation?
bye

systemc-2.0.1.exe

There exist commercial simulators which treat SystemC just like VHDL or Verilog.I think Active-HDL is offering that and Modelsim too (not sure about the second). If you do not have them or you do not have money to spend you can use the free simulation kernel which is distributed from www.systemc.org (OSCI) and use any C/C++ compiler you like to perform simulation. To see waveforms you can make a VCD dump file during simulation, using SystemC calls, and view them after simulation with an open-source VCD viewer.

Read the manual and the discussions in www.systemc.org and you will find all you want.

systemc trace vcd file

Hi geconom
How can I download OSCI and use it?
I can simulate my files and create VCD dump file.
after that what should I do?
thanks
bye

install gtkwave systemc

OSCI is Open SystemC Initiative or something like that. Just go to https://www.systemc.org and download the latest core language package and the documentation for your platform. As for the VCD viewer, go to **broken link removed** and get GTKWave. If you tell me the platform you are using (Windows, Linux, Solaris), I may offer more help.

ghraib 2.0.1 exe

Hi geconom
My platform is windows NT/2000.
thanks
bye

vcd file for systemc

**broken link removed**

install.

systemc viewer

modelsim5.8 easy to use.
.vcd convert to .WLF
vcd2wlf <source.vcd><target wlf>

gtkwave for solaris 10

hi guys ..
how can i make a VCD dump file if I'm using VC++ 6 for compiling SystemC ..?
and if I have Modelsim .. how can I view the waveform using it ?

create file.vcd with systemc

I've downloaded Gtkwave from h**p://www.cs.man.ac.uk/apt/tools/gtkwave/ and I tried to install in Cygwin environment but without success. There is something happen but I don't know why. The problem happen in ./configure process.

Here is the message:
"The glib-config script installed by GLIB could not be found ... "

create dump file with systemc

if u r using Vc++ ,
in the main.cpp
u have to create VCD file ,
sc_trace_file *filepointer_name = sc_create_vcd_trace_file("output")in that vCD file u have to trace the signals which u want to see
sc_trace(filepointer_name,signal name,"name of the signal u want to see in the output");

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back