Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

How can I run 12v 1A router and a 9v. 5A Optical Network Unit from 12v 30A solar battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

khatus

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello guys, I want to run a 12v 1A router, and a 9v. 5A Optical Network Unit from 12v 30A solar battery. What could be the best way to do this? Would it be better to use Buck Converter with current limiting features?

Hi,

You don't tell what problem you see.

It's straight foreward.
Consider the battery voltage Vbat to be 10.5V....14.4V
So you need to DCDC converters.
* Vbat --> 12V, 1A
* Vbat --> 9V, 5A
To avoid GND problems I recommend at least one of both to be isolated.

Both should be ready to buy. Just visit a shop or a distributor and use the selection tool.

Klaus

If the router input voltage spec is wide then you could connect directly but this may not be known.

If you have the adaptors for both units then powering both "wall warts" from a cheap automotive inverter (commonly available in 100W range w/ cig lighter plug, or higher w/ direct-wire) may be the easy way, you would also gain isolation by using the adaptors and maybe some degree of battery / charging supply fault protection.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back