Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

how can i know characteristics of DIODE

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonnightingale

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I am having a diode in my circuit and it has gone unserviceable. The company which delivered these PCBs deleted the part no details of Diodes from all PCBs. I have another PCB. If i remove its serviceable Diode, is there any way i can know the characteristics of diode through oscilloscope, huntron tracker or through any other equipment so that i can purchase new one of same specs.

Thanks

Well in your own case you have to know what type of diode is in the circute,is it zenar diode,signal.before knowing it characteristic.

You could try to determine what the device is but it will take some time. Basic things like package and reverse breakdown & forward volts drop are easy enough but knowing the current rating and recovery speed are more tricky.

If you have a board (working are not) you could read the part number unless it has been removed. The other way is to trace out the circuit and work out what diode would be required.

Keith

Hi,
Better check for the voltages in the usable diode, by applying in the diode.........better check for the application, whcih palce it is been used.. for that it can be identified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back