Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Hot Topic of Analog IC research?

Status
Not open for further replies.

isaacnewton

Full Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
best low power ic research

Let's discuss what are the hot topics of Analog IC design research.

hot topic in analog design

RF IC Design?
ADC and DAC Design?

power ic research

RF IC Design ,as i think

IMHO:

Mixed-signal chips: RF, analog and digital on one substrate. CMOS RF IC design (with on-chip conponents). High-performance low-power data converters.

Since SOC is very important nowadays, I think the implemantation of Active Inductor is a good topic for new project or discussion! Previously, I'm now doing Active L with LNA, and a lot of design motivations are exist and it's quite good! Try to ignore using passive inductor such as spiral or bonding wire as they have smaller&fixed L and Q values!

PM me if anyone would like to know more on my project! A post of discussion is also accpetable! :D

What comes next after 20 years of Spice?

So today the same story as Daisy and Berkeley Spice nearly 20 years ago?

Where is the real tool enhancement found. Is it only CPU speed to simulate? Does the analog systems on SOC grow faster than able to simulate? How many entry and verification tools from how many vendors in how many formats and how many versions on how many platform you have to running? And all for for a 200k$ mask run. If you spin once more you are out of the business!

What comes next after 20 years of Spice?

So today the same story as Daisy and Berkeley Spice nearly 20 years ago?

Where is the real tool enhancement found. Is it only CPU speed to simulate? Does the analog systems on SOC grow faster than able to simulate? How many entry and verification tools from how many vendors in how many formats and how many versions on how many platform you have to running? And all for for a 200k$ mask run. If you spin once more you are out of the business!

battery-powered RF, wireless IC,
battery-powered high resolution high-speed ADC-DAC for modern senses, speach recognition ....

new trends in Electronic Industry
**broken link removed**

Actually the Analog topic is wide , What do u need ?
Or what's job do you do ? That you will learn the different Analog Skill that I think

"battery-powered RF, wireless IC"
that will certainly be a hot topic in the nearly future

Low Power integrated WLAN, UWB and of course ADC

High speed data transmission, ADC, DAC.

In analog era I think RF specially digital RF is the most important. Also, optoelectrnics are going to emerge in next years.

digitally PLL based RF transceiver could be interesting in the near future because the CMOS technology is going to 90nm era.

I think is A/D&D/A.

Nowadays, many many people talk about RF.

I am always wondering if a RFID card contain a RFIC? What is inside? Because i do not see the power supply outside.

Analog computer, "Anacom".
Specific interface, for example, biomedical.
Or..., let's say, configurable analog circuits??

Why you all no mention the power mangment?

RF,power.power mangment is very useful.and many demand for power mangment.

Status
Not open for further replies.