Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Power Triac (BTA25) application circuit needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

muthumani

Newbie level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi Friends i'm in need of circuit which should switch (Hot switching NOT neutral) 2500 watts inductive load from micro controller. Please explain about when and where to use snubberless Triacs. What current rating Triac should i use for the specified load. Thanks in advance.

2500Watts will give approximately 10A (2500/220 assuming the mains voltage is 220V).
Since you termed your thread BTA25 use it in as much as the triac can handle upto 25A. It is a rugged triac I used it in my project together with an optical isolator (MOC3061). Fist thing tommrrow morning I will upload the circuit for you.

Thank you Ogu Reginald. You are right the Load will consume 10A thought of using BTA25 triac because using high rated Triac will produce less heat (this is my assumption). Is it necessary to use snubber circuit ?. Long ago i faced a issue, connected 30A relay with opto coupler and controlled by PIC microcontroller. Once the relay was ON microcontroller was resetted....On keeping this in mind i thought of using Triac.... Please post the circuit....

Please post the circuit....

Hi,

This might help , its an 8 channel x 16amp circuit taken from a working industrial design.

Obviously important you take complete mains safety precautions and use the correct class X and Y mains voltage capacitors.

Attachments

• 000011.jpg
    000011.jpg
    206.8 KB · Views: 149

Status
Not open for further replies.