Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

High Brighness LED Driver

Status
Not open for further replies.

jriofrio

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello to all..

I would like to ask anyone for some advice/help in designing an efficient White LED driver.

I have an XLamp® 7090 XR-E Series, which i would like to used it for a flashlight.
**broken link removed**

I would like to use 2 AA NiMH Rechargeable batteries (which i have too). Hopefully the driver will fit an regular hand held flashlight.

The LED specs are Vin 3.3 to 3.75, Current 350 to 700 mA.

Hopefully the driver will have temperature protection and low voltage protection. If this is too much we can forget these last 2 requirements.

I had see so many White LED drivers in the internet, that i do not know which will be best for this case (also my lack of knowledgeable in the matter does not help
either)

Thank you for any help/suggestion/ayuda...

Peace my friends.

JR

Hi jriofrio,
Please take a look to august 06 EPE magazine

Best Regards Linoko

Hello Linoko...

Beautiful find, thank you very much for your response... it is just what i was hopping for to find out.

By the way, I could not download the EPE Mag from EDA board (just the HEX files) because i do not have 15 point that they asked for. BUT i was able to find it at RapidShare.

Thanks again.
JR

Hi jriofrio,
I'm very glad that i can help u.

I atach to u a shematic, please look down

Best regards, Linoko

Thanks again Linoko...

I appreciate very much your help.

If you know of any other projects (like the one in EPE Mag), that they are well documented and not too complicated, could you shared them please.

Trying to get my feet wet.
JR

I appreciate it as well, will check it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.