Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

hi can any one help me in generator principle...

Status
Not open for further replies.

24+

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
generator principle...

can any one tell how a water flow can be converted int electricity... that as to rotate 1500rpm exaclty or ...

A simple DC motor will act as a generator when driven, although a generator/alternator would probably be better. It depends on how much power you are wanting to generate.

Keith

Rotational speed depend on the number of pole of AC generator and desired power frequency output. In water turbine a speed governer is used to mentain desired rpm.

Umesh.

Re: generator principle...

24+ said:
...how a water flow can be converted int electricity... ...
Hi,
it depends of your water volumen/minute & continuity!
Assumed you have long time flowing continuity: I dont believe that you can have an exact rpm (or AC frequency) if you dont have an electrical inverter.
If its to connect to your "grid" you must have the system frequency & an aproved equipment...
K.

as keith1200rs said this depend on the power needed a simple dynamo can be used for low power.

Hallo Kabiru,
Is a Dynamo not a DC device?
K.

nead a variable propeller geometry to match the rotation speed to the load power.

yes karess a dynamo is DC genarator but the output can be converted into AC.alternators are used to generate AC output without any conversion.

Hi Kabiru,
Tnx_yes, these is my "per definition" knowledge too. :)
@Brian,
For a variable propeller geometry I can not see some real chance_maybe for professional/bigger systems?
In my opinion is the only way by variant damping & /or water volume to use a "Archimedes snail"...
K.

a dynamo is DC genarator but the output can be converted into AC
I don't agree. Bicycle dynamos are always (PM excited) AC generators, other dynamos, possibly depends on. Do you know a reason,
why a bicycle dynamo should generate DC?

It was for me only for the needed 1500rpm of relevance, then a small Dynamo will be in that case never to use!
K.

A DC generator is used for wind mill and generate power to charge a battery using charge controler, then what will stop the dc generator from doing the same job. see this link. www.mdpub.com/Wind_Turbine/
index.html

Yea,
& good, but original question is: how can he have exact (or constant?) 1500rpm by "household" waterfall generator...
K.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back