Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS Subtract Array and Handle Objects with Scripts

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm4159

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Im working on a script to import and handle a particular 3D Stackup. When I import the GDS I group all solids by the layer they are in (based on name - ex: Var1 = Editor.GetMatchedObjectName(Layer1_*)). I later want to handle an intersection between layers by subtracting all solids in one layer with all solids in another and than separating bodies followed by a delete. Im trying to do Editor.Subtract Array("Name:Selections", "Blank Parts:=", Var1, "Tool Parts:=", Var2......etc) However this returns an error and Im not sure the best way to handle operations on grouped objects.

Follow up if thats possible to repair, the following Separate Bodies command will duplicate the object followed by Separate1. But this may be in the same object group, is it possible to read the object string name and if it includes "Separate1" add it to a new object group, for ex Var?

Thanks

Solved the subtract array but working on deleting objects with a specific string in the object name.
Not sure how to store the object name as a string variable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back