Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HFSS no far-field radiation result option, even though I added my Infinite Sphere

Status
Not open for further replies.

xingdachen

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I try to simulate a curved antenna, but there is no far-field pattern option for my result. I had already created an Infinite Sphere and I was expecting the far-field result option.

Screenshot here:
Screenshot (5).png

Solution
It may have to do with your simulation type, which is "Modal Network". Are you able to change this to "Driven Modal"?
I haven't used the 2022 version, so this may have simply been a change in naming convention.
After inserting an infinite sphere, right click on Results, an chose "Create Far Field Reports", 3D Polar Plot..

After inserting an infinite sphere, right click on Results, an chose "Create Far Field Reports", 3D Polar Plot..
Thanks for the reply vfone.

I do understand that. But after I insert the infinite sphere, there is no option for "Create Far Field Reports" (screen shot above refered)

I wonder if it had to do with my antenna itself?

It may have to do with your simulation type, which is "Modal Network". Are you able to change this to "Driven Modal"?
I haven't used the 2022 version, so this may have simply been a change in naming convention.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back