Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

HFSS: How can I edit the model inside a boundary - the boundary gets in the way!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drkirkby

Full Member level 6
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
I've got an HFSS model which is surrounded by a cylindrical vacuum, which has a radiation boundary on its 3 faces. Any attempt I seem to make to touch the object inside the boundary with the mouse (perhaps to find the name of it, or edit it in some way) always fails as I touch the radiation boundary, since my antenna is fully enclosed in that. Is there a way to leave the boundary in the model, but force it to be "unobstructive" , so I can edit things inside the boundary without constantly finding I'm touching the boundary?

If you look at the attached model and try to touch the antenna, (which consists of bits of coax), you find you actually touch the boundary first.

I guess one can always add the boundary as the last element in a design, then delete if if one wants to change the design inside the boundary, but that seems a bit inconvenient.

Dave

Attachments

• CoCo9.zip
    26.1 KB · Views: 69

this is the problem because you are using the waveport perhaps. this doesn't works inside the boundary. so your waveport should be just outside the radiation boundary.

Although I really hope you've figured it out in the last 6 months.... for those of you who are new to HFSS, objects can be made invisible (non-interactive as well), by clicking the object, and then the eye button with the red X over it on the toolbar at the top.

Intuitively, the eye with the green check mark makes the object visible and interactive again (although you need to select in from the list on the left).

Although I really hope you've figured it out in the last 6 months.... for those of you who are new to HFSS, objects can be made invisible (non-interactive as well), by clicking the object, and then the eye button with the red X over it on the toolbar at the top.

Intuitively, the eye with the green check mark makes the object visible and interactive again (although you need to select in from the list on the left).

If its not on the toolbar (which the user can customise), it can be found as:

Visability can be turned on/off from View -> Visability -> Active view visability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back