Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

boundary conditions and electric energy

ADEtreb

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hello,

I am using HFSS to simulate a device and I would like to compute the total energy in and around the device, I have nevertheless several questions some related to HFSS, and particularly, to boundary conditions, another is more general and concerns electric energy. I hope the community can help:

1- In electrostatics, the total electric energy is obtained by calculating We = 1/2 \int_Vol E dot D dVol inside the air box, If I understand well, the radiation box does not contain the energy, then how can I compute the electric energy outside the radiation box using HFSS?

2- At high frequency, if I understand well, a too small radiation box will cause reflections and therefore increase the energy inside and decrease the radiated power, but at low frequencies, what does the use of a radiation box implies in terms of energy?

3- How does the total electric energy relate to capacitance? Once again, at low frequency, We is equal to 1/2 C U^2, as frequency increases and in harmonic regime, is We still equal to 1/2 C U^2?

Thanks for your inputs,

I will do that, thank you. Then again, the energy inside the radiation box does not account for all the energy, nevertheless, it is perhaps a good approximation.

LaTeX Commands Quick-Menu:

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back