Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

[SOLVED] HFSS 2022 R2 - Waveguide port configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilde

Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi everybody.
Has anyone had the oppurtinity to do waveguides on HFSS2022 R2 ?
I'm trying to simulate a WR62 waveguide on the Student version of HFSS 2022 R2 but they changed the way to setup the waveports (like TE10 and TE01).
I'm used to HFSS 2021 R1 & R2 but i'm lost on this new release. I looked for the Ansys "help" pdfs : they seems outdated, the menus are not the same.
ansysedtsv_dC6rQfS9qA.png

This is what i'm trying to do. When I right on one the rectangles to assign the port. (I do Assign excitation/Port/Waveport) this menu appears and it seems not relevant :
ansysedtsv_fUHlxdJ5Cr.png

And by setuping with this menu the simulation drops right after the meshing :
ansysedtsv_Nh8LV0UW1q.png

Hope someone can help me.

Thanks a lot for your time,
Best regards,
Gilde

Solution
Welcome Gilde,

You are setting up your simulation as a Driven Terminal simulation rather than Driven Modal. From your description, it sounds like you want Driven Modal.

In the top menu, select HFSS->Solution Type and select "Modal" instead of "Terminal" under Options.
Welcome Gilde,

You are setting up your simulation as a Driven Terminal simulation rather than Driven Modal. From your description, it sounds like you want Driven Modal.

In the top menu, select HFSS->Solution Type and select "Modal" instead of "Terminal" under Options.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back