Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with pin configuration of SPDT relay(G5LE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotshot05

Junior Member level 2
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Need help with pin configuration of SPDT relay(G5LE)

I bought a 1CO-12V relay. It has 5 pins (So it is SPDT).
But since there are no markings on the pins and it is from an unknown company(Takumi), I am unable to get a datasheet.

After searching a lot, found a product which is close enough to my relay - Relay 12V, Sugar Cube (G5LE) [RKI-1226] - Rs.20 : Robokits India, Easy to Use, Versatile Robotics Kits... (It is equivalent to Omron G5LE)

I want to connect my relay in NO mode.

Can someone provide me a circuit diagram for connecting the relay.
Am confused about the terminals and since I have to connect the diode with proper polarity(to prevent back EMF while switching), I am playing it safe and not experimenting too much.

With an ohmeter, you can immediately identify the coil terminals and both terminals connected to the N.C. contact as well as the N.O. pin. The only open question will be which pin is COM or N.C. To know this for sure, you have to energize the coil.

An additional problem would arise with polarized relays, but the shown relay type is unpolarized.

Omron G5LE PCB Relay
A Cubic, Single-pole 10-A Power Relay

PCB Relay G5LE  OMRON.jpg

Omron G5LE PCB Relay datasheet

Last edited:
@kak111 and FvM Thanks for those. Already had that datasheet with me but was not able to understand the diagram.
After using the multimeter, finally understood which one is the coil an which are the NO and NC contacts.

@FvM How do I know if the coil of a relay is polarised or not?
And what is the use of polarised coil in a relay? Any specific application that you know of?l in a relay? Any specific application that you know of?

Polarized relays are slective to the polarity of the coil voltage. The technique is only used for small signal relays, as far as I'm aware of. Omron G6K series is an example. The relays uses a permanent magnet in the magnetic circuit. It's purpose can be either latching operation or higher coil sensitivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.