Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with designing 32 channel receive array coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alam Wajih

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I was willing to design a 32 channel RF receiver array coil but I am confused related to the dimension. I am using loop array coils for designing the coil whose diameter of each loop is 90 mm. Is it optimum?

Can anybody please help me with this?

Any kind of suggestion is appreciated. Thanks!!

Depends exactly what you plan on using it for. Anatomy and FOV? Frequency? Also the arrangement should keep in mind whether parallel imaging will be done, and what directions undersampling will be done in.

I am planning to use if for FOV for 7T. And the arrangement will be parallel imaging and I am trying to use it for spinal cord.
I am looking to design a RF receiver coil as attached in the image.

sa.png

Thank you for your reply.

Last edited:

Body imaging at 7T is still a pretty new field. Much recent work has suggested that dipole elements have better performance at 7T than loops or microstrips, but loop arrangements like what you show are still workable (especially when the coils are small). But keep in mind virtually all work done at 7T is done with guidance from sophisticated EM simulation.

Thank you. Just designed a RF coil .. Lets see how it performs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back