Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help with current filtering on controller of brush-less DC motor (BLDC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

capacitor1

Member level 3
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Current filter , Can u help ?

Hi everyone

I have a problem of current filtering with my controller of brushless dc motor (BLDC).

Driver.JPG

the problem that the current is PWM and i want to read it and show a fixed value like the multimeter process.

so what's the filter that can be used to prevent this problem , or specially what's is the filter inside the multimeter ( i know that a Low Pass Filter!!).

Re: Current filter , Can u help ?

You can use shunt resistor in feedback path and apply that signal to LM324.By Feed this signal to Microcontroller it may be possible to read the value.

Mr phoenix

the problem is not how to read .

the problem how to filter the crazy oscillations in the signal generated by the current

this is my conditioning circuit in these 2 pictures

totem 1.JPG

conditionig current.JPG

i think the idea is to use digital filter ?

or can anyone help what's is the filter used to measure dc current or dc voltage in multimeter ??

please let me know

Your capacitor C23 needs to be a large enough value, that it will hold a charge during idle gaps in the waveform.

Example, if you are reading pulsed DC at a frequency of 50 Hz, then a suitable value is 100 uF. This will give you reasonably smooth output for measuring.

Hi Mr BradtheRad

if this true why the multimeter can read the value without any problem and without delay !!

i don't know what the filter inside looks like !?

thanx

There is the analog type of meter. It averages the waveforms automatically, due to inertia of the needle movement.

I'm not sure about digital meters. I choose the AC range on mine and it gives a stable reading of AC. I believe it averages the readings. Perhaps then it has a smoothing capacitor at the input.

However my digital meter gives inconsistent readings when I apply varying DC, on the DC range. Evidently it samples the voltage just a few times a second, briefly. I think it has no smoothing capacitor at the input then.

Hi
thanx Mr BradtheRad

has anyone another answer ??

thanx in advance

Current filter Can u help

You can try changing the filter to inlist2:current_user,supervisor

Here is an example:
supervisor = "steve,mike"
current_user = "steve"
?inlist2current_user,supervisor
= .t.