Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help regarding sim340e - help me in selecting antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

choto

Newbie level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
sim340e

hi guys,

I am new to GSM and i wnat to use sim340E GSM modem. I have to interface it with 8051 controller and have to reaceive/transmit data through GSM network. I have selected sim340E but now i am cofused about antenna. Can anybody help me in selecting antenna. What will eb a auitable choice for quad band. I ahve found one from china but it is dual band frq supported.

plz help me....i m stuck:(

help regarding sim340e

Since there is nowhere where all four bands are used, I would opt for two different antennas using the one appropriate for the bands in use.

Re: help regarding sim340e

thnx

and what antenna length should be preffered for GSM 900/1800 MHz???shorter or longer one? I have seen one, it is half wave dipole thumb antenna(900/1800Mhz, 20ohms) with two lengths available 5cm and 10cms. i think shorter gives better reception n trnasmission. any suggestions????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.