Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help please for selection of adc ICs

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryvdk

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi,

I want a 12 bit 2 Mhz sampling rate adc with min 2 channels . Whether its possible to get in DIP package ? Reference voltage can be 2V or 5V. Max analog voltage will be 5V . Can anyone suggest one . I searched in net but every ICs comes either in soic or other packages .

I want a 12 bit 2 Mhz sampling rate adc with min 2 channels . Whether its possible to get in DIP package ? Reference voltage can be 2V or 5V. Max analog voltage will be 5V . Can anyone suggest one . I searched in net but every ICs comes either in soic or other packages .

As you have discovered, ADCs with a sampling rate greater than 100-200 KSPS are offered almost entirely in SMD packages.

Why must the ADC be a DIP package? Is it a prototype, breadboard circuit, etc? Or lack of SMD soldering experience?

What type of interface is required?

There are a few alternatives which may provide you with a through hole package.

Would a SOIC or Quad package mounted on a breakout board with through hole leads fulfill your requirements?

BigDog

Its a protoype . Firstly i want to experiment it in breadboard .Thats the reason why iam searching for DIP package.

or carefully solder jumper wires to the chip direct then plug em into breadboard as per nomal jumper wires. adittedly you will lose the chip to only be used on the breadboard but you could buy two to start with one for testing then use the second for prototype

Just watch your fingers them buggers get hot when you solder them personally i get the wife to holdthem while i solder them the burnt fingers keep her away from the buttons on the credit card machines for a few days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back