Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on the theoretical backgroud of RSSI

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunjiao3

Member level 5
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi, friends. I am doubting on the theoretical background of RSSI. There is majorly 2 may to get the logrithmic function for RSSI. First is the piece-wise approximation, used in cascaded amplifiers. Second, which I am not so sure yet, is dependent on the direct power detector which is composed of differential pairs. However, I've found no detailed theoretical reference on the mechanism of these 2 solution. For example, why piece-wise approximation is used? Is it some kind of forula like the Taylor function: ln(1+x)=1+x+.... ?
So, could any one of you please enlight me on this issuse? Or, are there any documents that talk on the methanism on the RSSI? Thank you all in advance.

Thank you very much. I have this materail. But, what I am wondering is, the theoretical explanation of RSSI. Why piece-wise approximation can approximate Logrithmic funcion? And the other method? What is the function behind them? Like the taylor function ln(1+x)=1+X+....?
Could any one of you please enlight me on this question?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back