Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

help on PN sequence required

Status
Not open for further replies.

47amadb

Junior Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
pn sequence generator circuit

hello:
can some body help me in understanding Pseudo Random noise sequence"PN Seq". actually iam using it in my project for simulation of WCDMA transceiver model implementation in matlab.

pn sequence

Specify wat u wanna know abt pn-seq and de implementation in de prj(including prj title)

pn sequence for digital communication

well i dont understand whether to use 4bits,5,10,14,16 or .... bits. for the computation and have you got code of PN sequence..
the second thing i dont know is that how the pn sequence works

pn code generator flip flop -patent

First know abt PN-seq and its uses by referring some digital communication book (for e.g : SImon Haykin,) .. then u might b in a god position to comprehend the need for the no. of bits

pn sequence with correlator

Ideally, random sequences should have a infinite length. But Pseudo-Random (PN) sequences are finite length sequences with semi-randomness in the elements in sequences. Some examples are M (or maximal length)-sequence, Gold sequence. They show good but not ideal correlation properties, i.e., auto-correlation for non-zero shifts and cross-correlation are selected to be minimal.

One way to generate PN sequences is use of polynomials. For example, these can be realized making a linear shift register and XOR adders.

Many communication theory books give a good explanations, please refer to them for further detail.

cross correlation pn sequence

Pseudo Noise Sequences

The Pseudo Noise Sequence is zero-mean additive White Gaussian Noise (AWGN) has the same power spectral density GWGN (f) for all frequencies and non orthogonal sequence that consists of a deterministic and periodical signal, it acts as a noise like (but deterministic) carrier used for bandwidth spreading of the signal energy. The selection of a good code is important, because type and length of the code sets bounds on the system capability. The autocorrelation of a PN code has properties similar to those of white noise. It is usually generated by means of feed back shift register.

The shift register is made up by m-number of flip-flops (D-type flip-flop) connected in cascade to each other with common clock and the feed back is achieved by the use of logic circuit connected to certain tapes of the register to form a multi loop feed back circuit. With each clock pulse the state of each flip-flop is shifted to the next flip-flop. Then the output of logic circuit is fed back to the input of first flip-flop.

The PN sequence generated from feed back shift register is determined by:-

1-The number of stages in the shift register(number of flip flops)
2-Initial starting condition of the shift register
3-The number of taps in the feedback shift register

pn sequence registers xor

Hi to all,
I am working in matlab simulink
I am simulating a Direct Sequence Spread sprectrum
it includes spreading, de-spreading,tracking and acquistion.
i am finding difficulty in acquistion.
VCO is not able to drive the PN sequence generator.
Can any one please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.