Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help on PCMCIA interfacing

Status
Not open for further replies.

narc_otic

Member level 1
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Hi all,

i'd like to interface to either an ethernet PCMCIA card (standard or wireless), using a standard µcontroller (like M16C, or that kind), using an EPLD to do all the interfacing job.

Anybody having already done this,or any information on how to realise PCMCIA interface would help.

For another project, I would also like to make my own pcmcia card to fit in a laptop/PDA slot, mainly for I/o purpuses through a host ucontroller in the PCMCIA card. Any informations on this would halp, and informations on drivers required on PC/PDA too.

Many thanks

Narc

For the first app, you need to build a pcmcia host controller. The second, you need a pcmcia slave controller. Basically a host controller need to map some address from your CPU to PCMCIA (attribute memory, IO, memory). For slave controller, what you need to do is just some decoding and wait logic.

Take some verdor's datasheet, you'll get a feeling. As i remember, Mentor has one IP core for pcmcia.

regards.

to dll_embed: who is mentor? can you tell me how to contact him? thanks!

o, sorry, i've never heard of this company, thanks. by the way, may i get it free?

I found this interesting board on e-bay, very usefull for interfacing of your own PCMCIA projects:

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

BR,
/Farhad

@farhada

He..He

Nice HW , but a bit pricey for something where you have to make the driver your self ...

Snip from the website ...
Enjoy your new HW.

Best regards,
/Farhad Abdolian

**broken link removed**

Do you know that name :)

/Bingo

Hi Bingo,
Good job, you are a good detective, but I made it easy for you as well, with a link to my web site, putting my name on the documents and usng my real name here. ;)

But I am guilty as charged!

Can you show me anywhere you can find a cheaper digital I/O board for PCMCIA and I will buy you one as well.

BR,
/Farhad

Status
Not open for further replies.