Continue to Site

Welcome to EDAboard.com

Welcome to our site! EDAboard.com is an international Electronics Discussion Forum focused on EDA software, circuits, schematics, books, theory, papers, asic, pld, 8051, DSP, Network, RF, Analog Design, PCB, Service Manuals... and a whole lot more! To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Help needed on the design

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaikss

Full Member level 4
Helped
Reaction score
Trophy points
Activity points
Folks,

I am working on a patient monitoring system - monitoring some parameters of the patient's body.
In a hospital, there are so many wards. Each ward has many patients.
If any patient's condition goes bad, nurse sitting in a central nursing station has to get an alarm regarding the ward number, patient's bed.

I have started with a parameter. I am successful in detecting the same for a single patient using TI CC2530 ZNP kit.
I have detected the violation in that parameter with a LED glowing on the Kit.

But I didn't get how to do the same for multiple patients. Basically, I had used Zigbee Network processor - TI chip.
At the same time, how to send SMS to the nursing station? We need to use GSM module.
The kit has UART interface. I believe I can use the same for interfacing GSM module.

Now, the query is how to use a single GSM module for sending a SMS for multiple patients? How to send the Bed number / ward number to the nurse? I am in desperate need of help.

Thanks!!

......But I didn't get how to do the same for multiple patients. Basically, I had used Zigbee Network processor - TI chip.
At the same time, how to send SMS to the nursing station? We need to use GSM module.
The kit has UART interface. I believe I can use the same for interfacing GSM module.

Now, the query is how to use a single GSM module for sending a SMS for multiple patients? How to send the Bed number / ward number to the nurse? I am in desperate need of help.

why not keep it simple instead ? And cheaper too.

Here's one method --

Have a Master controller which is at the nurses station. This master repeatedly does round-robin polls of all slaves using a unique ID number to address the slave.
There is a slave next to each patient, which monitors whatever needs to be monitored.
Each slave 'knows' its own ID, and responds when it is polled. The format of the actual data sent can be defined by you very easily.

The communication link can be a simple RF point to multipoint TWS-433/ RWS-433 pair at each location. Since it is HDX polled system, a single frequency is enough.

No need for GSM, SmS, zigbee, etc etc etc, which just makes it more complex and expensive. Maybe even very slow or delayed --- example : during New Year, or similar day, have you ever experienced the problem in sending sms's ?

Lastly, if you want to do fairly continous monitoring of many parameters, the think of how many sms's you will have to send !!

Last edited:

Folks,

I am working on a patient monitoring system - monitoring some parameters of the patient's body.
In a hospital, there are so many wards. Each ward has many patients.
If any patient's condition goes bad, nurse sitting in a central nursing station has to get an alarm regarding the ward number, patient's bed.

I have started with a parameter. I am successful in detecting the same for a single patient using TI CC2530 ZNP kit.
I have detected the violation in that parameter with a LED glowing on the Kit.

But I didn't get how to do the same for multiple patients. Basically, I had used Zigbee Network processor - TI chip.

Thanks!!

This sensing and data flow should go over wires not over RF/GSM. I supose we want patient live not dead because some kid turn on gsm jammer or gsm network is down (public/corporation internal). Such things always should go over wires, GSM/RF can be just additional capability of monitoring system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Welcome to EDABoard.com

Sponsor

Back